MycoMedica Shitake ( Lentinula edodes )
Shiitake (Lentinula edodes, Lentinula edodes) has its homeland in Asia, where it’s also used in gastronomy. It’s said that its taste is 4−10x more concentrated than tastes of other mushrooms, so Shiitake is suitable for flavouring meat, soups, sauces or salads. Shiitake is a wood-decaying mushroom from the Basidiomycota family growing on fallen trees or stumps.
In Japan, they recognise two types of Shiitake, the more valuable donko with its closed cap and koshin, which has an open cap. Today, Shiitake is cultivated commercially in controlled mushroom farms, as the demand for it is huge. First mentions of Shiitake, date back to 2,000 ago, appeared Chinese medicine works.
- activation of the immune system in case of bacterial and viral infection
- cholesterol and blood pressure regulation
- antiartheriosclerotic effect
- support for bowel cleansing
- mitigation of osteoporosis and rheumatic diseases
- complementary therapy of tumours and tumour prevention
Effects according to traditional Chinese medicine
- replenishes Qi and nourishes the blood
- dissolves moisture and mucus
Characteristics according to TCM
- temperature – neutral
- taste – sweet
- tropism – spleen, stomach, lungs
- for health problems: 3–4 capsules per day (we recommend consulting your doctor or Chinese medicine practitioner)
- for preventive use: 1–2 capsules per day
- we recommend using it for 5 days a week and then skipping 2 days
- take the capsules on an empty stomach (at least 30 minutes before meals or 60 minutes after meals), wash them down with water or weak green tea
- when using medicinal mushrooms, we recommend increasing the intake of vitamin C, which increases the absorption of active substances.
Package Content: 90 Capsules / Shiitake extract 500mg.
Warning: The product isn’t intended for children under 3 years of age, for pregnant women or breast-feeding women. Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage. Keep out of reach of children. The product isn’t intended to replace a varied and balanced diet. It doesn’t contain any ephedrine, caffeine, gluten, preservatives, dyes or sugar.